[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libswscale palette output implementation

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Dec 31 17:28:24 CET 2009

Hi,

related thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/80845/focus=82531

Kostya's idea is to use Vitor's ELBG implementation in
libavcodec/elbg.{h,c}, first step would be to move it to lavu where it
can be used by lsws. This shouldn't comport any ABI / API issues,
since the API is only internal (it would only require a dependancy
change of lavc on lavu, but I may be wrong here).

Now I'm not sure if Michael would approve such an implementation as he
has some reservations on that idea, also now I'm reading the paper and
since I don't have a good background on it it would require some time if
I'll go for it.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Frenzy and Fierce Minimalistic Purposeless Elegant Game