[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Frame accurate seeking

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Dec 30 14:51:35 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:25:55PM +0100, Artur Bodera wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 01:04:00PM +0100, Artur Bodera wrote:
> > > http://github.com/lbrandy/ffmpeg-fas
> > >
> > > How hard could it be to implement it?
> >
> > theres only one way to find out, and dont forget to send a patch
> >

> Trust me, if I could, my message would have just 1 line of text and a patch
> to get it done. Unfortunatelly I don't know how to do it yet and was hoping
> for someone to get a look - especially that the lbrandy guy did most of the
> work. Now it's only a matter of fixing the parts that stopped working when
> ffmpeg api changed (again) somewhere in the mid 2009.

It didn't, even the last ABI change was on 2009-03-08 and that only
affected libavutil.
Several things were deprecated and new things added, but no incompatible
API or ABI change.
Also, feature requests do not belong on this list, and even for a
feature request this lacks an exact description of _what_ you want.
And no, "frame accurate seeking" without any further details certainly
is not a description, I guess about half the implementations that I
could suggest that match that term wouldn't be useful to you at all.
(in particular on is "it's already implemented, just decode the file
normally and drop the first n decoded frames).