[FFmpeg-devel] AvFormat Usage and customization

Shubham Bhattacharya shubham.bhattacharya
Wed Dec 30 10:41:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I intend to use the "avformat module" to extend file format support to an
application of mine.

However, I wish to "add" some customized functionality to the individual
formats to achieve certain functionalities.
My guess is that the "AVInputFormat" would need to be modified. In addition
to read_header, read_packet etc, I would have to add some additional
function pointer interfaces.
Would this be a right approach in terms of usage of the avformat ?
Is there any alternate pre-existing mechanism in the avformat to achieve
custom interface functionalities?

--regards
Shubham