[FFmpeg-devel] Round 2: Symbol versioning

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Dec 27 11:01:47 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:35:14AM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> These version scripts need to be adjusted on every SONAME bump.

Seems like a really bad idea to me, that will be forgotten.
I think it would be better to have them auto-generated or something.

> libavformat and libavcodec are left rather liberal ATM because it is not
> clear at this point which symbols are supposed to be exported and which
> should rather be hidden. This file should be updated bit by bit by the
> respective file maintainers.

If it doesn't start with av_, ff_, avcodec_ or so it definitely should
not be exported, if it needs to be that should be fixed ASAP.