[FFmpeg-devel] Voting results for NGO

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Dec 22 17:32:27 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:31:07PM +1100, pross at xvid.org wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 12:59:08AM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Tuesday 2009-12-22 00:17:15 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:04:40PM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
>
> > I'm for
> > freemediatech.org / ffmtech.org
> >
> > they're easy to speech / remember and harder to be used for fishing,
> > when you have acronyms that's much simpler, just add/remove some
> > character and nobody will notice.
> >
> > Also I found somehow better Technology rather than Technologies, and I
> > dislike "FFmpeg Foundation" as being a too FFmpeg-centric name.
>
> Ditto. '... Technology' is easy to say.

As ive said, we are currently planing to move forward with registering
 FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
Tomorrow (or when ronald has time after that, its short before christmess...)
If someone objects to this we will do a new round of discussions,
name suggestions and vote. If not it will be Technologies not Technology

I dont mind at all doing another vote, And somehow i think i would even
prefer a new round but i thought people where not in favor of this. And
i dont want to annoy people with another vote ...
What i really dont want is that people afterwards say the name is not
what the majority wanted or is bad.
So if you think a new vote would be better for all, just object to the
moving forward with "FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)"

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle