[FFmpeg-devel] Need information about stripping FFMpeg Library

sandeep virdi sandeep.virdi
Tue Dec 22 13:32:21 CET 2009

Thanks Diego,
I went through the link pointed by you, but in my case as I previously
mentioned that I had removed almost everything except what is needed to
decode H264 files. That means I have changed the functionality of FFMpeg
lib. So I was wondering as to how could I submit this under normal FFMpeg
distribution. I am not really aware of how open source projects are handled
since this is first time for me. So since my changes are so huge as I have
removed most of the code files all together, I was wondering as to if I can
publish my changes as a new open source project, something like
"Lean-FFMpeg" and if so then what will be the procedure. As the code is a
subset of FFMpeg, I think that this is the ideal place to put this lean
FFMpeg code.

~Sandeep