[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Use Transfer-Encoding: chunked (and perhaps PUT) for HTTP uploads

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Tue Dec 22 13:22:07 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 20:46 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 07:34:21PM +0100, Tomas H?rdin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 18:47 +0100, Tomas H?rdin wrote:
> > > ...On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 10:48 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > I've attached a version which does not add anything to HTTPContext.
> > >
> > > /Tomas
> >
> > Replying to myself here, but I made a version that buffers small chunks.
> > Throughput would benefit slightly from larger BUFFER_SIZE, but probably
> > not enough to warrant higher memory usage for reducing a mere 0.8%
> > overhead. I left it at 1024.
>
> it appears you are unaware of out patch submission checklist, please read it
> each seperate thing (PUT/chunked/buffering) should be a seperate patch
>
> [...]

Oops, my bad. I've separated the patches now, and I'll attach just the
one that adds chunked encoding to uploads here. I'll put the others that
depend on this patch in separate threads and refer those threads to this
one.

In short, I made sure not to cause any compiler warnings with this
patch. I also made sure not to add anything to HTTPContext, instead
reusing chunksize and using URLContext::flags to determine the direction
of the connection.

Regression tests passed. Chunked encoding works with both uploads and
downloads.

/Tomas