[FFmpeg-devel] decoding MPEG4 ASP video on iPhone (armv6)

Igor R boost.lists
Wed Dec 16 13:54:08 CET 2009

Hello,

I cross-post the following question here, with hope to get response
from the ARM maintainer or anyone who has managed to do the subj.

My application receives MPEG4 video from network, decodes it frame by
frame with avcodec_decode_video2(), then converts to 32-bit RGB with
sws_scale(). On PC (Win32 on Intel) it works well, but on iPhone I
always get green garbage.
I take the latest version from SVN and build the libs as described
here: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-October/076618.html
I also found threads discussing very similar issue:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-October/076533.html
http://code.google.com/p/ffmpeg4iphone/issues/detail?id=5

If I build with "-arch=c", everything works well.
Is it a known issue with ARM-specific code? Is there any workaround
that would allow to use ARM optimizations for mpeg4 video?

Thanks!