[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 16 03:12:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 01:22:26AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 14 December 2009 at 17:23, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we can't agree on a name for our fancy new non-profit org, so we want
> > YOU to help us choose a name. Voting is open to all developers /
> > contributors with an SVN account at svn.ffmpeg.org.
> >
> > You can choose between the following names:
> > * Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org
> > * FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
> > * FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultimEDIA)
> > * OMF (Open Multimedia Foundation)
> > * FFm.org (Foundation for Free Multimedia)
> > * FFmpeg Foundation
> > * FFMF (Fast Forward Multimedia Foundation)
>
> 1 OMF (Open Multimedia Foundation)
> 2 FFMTech (Foundation for Free Multimedia Technologies)
> 3 Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org
> 4 FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultimEDIA)

With this vote all vote methods point to FFMTech

> And my own proposal:
> Open Multimedia Technologies Foundation

You would have to put a number in front of it
but first i think free is better than open and i doubt it would win
many people would have to chnage their votes

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf