[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Dec 15 15:35:29 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:23:15AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> we can't agree on a name for our fancy new non-profit org, so we want
> YOU to help us choose a name. Voting is open to all developers /
> contributors with an SVN account at svn.ffmpeg.org.
>
> You can choose between the following names:
> * Free Multimedia Tech / freemediatech.org

"Tech" or "technology"?  I think abbreviations are not appropriate in
foundation names.  Oh, and wasn't there a thing about having
"foundation" or similar in the name?

I'd also like to note an important point that you skipped: This
foundation is supposed to be for more than just FFmpeg. MPlayer will be
represented by it right away. In other words, most of these names are,
umm, not so good...

Diego