[FFmpeg-devel] How is URLContext reachable?

Tamas Selmeci tselmeci
Tue Dec 15 08:24:46 CET 2009

Hi all!

(I've sent this email formerly to libav-user, which is not the adequate
list for this)

libavformat/http.c: http_open(...) receives URLContext * as the first
parameter.

libavformat/mp3.c: mp3_read_packet(...) receives AVFormatContext * as
the first parameter.

When a netradio stream (e.g. shoutcast) is being opened, http_open is
executed and then mp3_read_packet will read out the mp3 frames from the
netradio stream (and a lot of other things are happening, of course).

How can that URLContext structure from AVFormatContext be reached? I've
checked the online docs two times but have not found the solution. I
assume URLContext is somehow accessible from AVFormatContext, since
URLContext refers to the actual netradio stream.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, regards,
--
Selmeci, Tamas