[FFmpeg-devel] building ffmpeg for iphone - mini tutorial

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Dec 13 14:47:43 CET 2009

Theodore Watson <theo at openframeworks.cc> writes:

> I just wanted to say thanks for all the info posted here on building
> ffmpeg for the iphone.
> The information was quite spread out though and after a couple of days
> of searching I didn't find all the information I needed in one place.
>
> So I posted a bit of a guide based off of info from this list and info
> from some other sources.
> Hopefully it it useful to someone.
> http://www.openframeworks.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16173#p16173

Thanks, just a couple of comments.

You have many unnecessary configure flags there.  You should be able
to remove these ones:

armv7: --enable-neon --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-mmx --disable-iwmmxt
armv6: --disable-neon --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-mmx --disable-iwmmxt
i386:  --disable-neon --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-iwmmxt

These are all either the default setting or automatically detected.
I'm not sure what the default for --enable/disable-pic ends up being
with the Apple tools.  Also, why do you disable mmx for the i386 build?

You might also want to mention where to find gas-preprocessor.pl.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com