[FFmpeg-devel] Deinterlacing

Mikhail Pritula pritula
Mon Dec 7 15:31:03 CET 2009

> > Hi, Fellows.
> >

> > I noticed, that FFmpeg doesn't watch on AVFrame field interlaced_frame
> > and without option -deinterlace never does deinterlacing, and with
> > option -deinterlace always does deinterlacing.
> >

> > May be I mistaken, but it seems to me, that FFmpeg should be able to
> > deinterlace only interlaced frames.
> >
> > Something like -deinterlace-if-needed option.
> >

> > If this makes sense, I will post patch with new option soon.
> >

> > What do you think?
>
> deinterlacing belogs in seperate (libavfilter) video filters, there you
can add this option. But not in ffmpeg.c the filter stuff in there is
deprecated

I got it, but I not see how pass info about every frame is it interlaced in
fact. As I understood, I can pass arguments to filter, and I can operate
only picture, but not frame. So, how can I pass from FFmpeg information,
stored in AVFrame (especially, interlaced_frame flag) to my filter? What is
correct way to do it?