[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg Foundation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Dec 5 17:05:39 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 10:59:44PM +1100, pross at xvid.org wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 10:41:02AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> writes:

> > > MPHG - the Moving Picture Hackers Group =)
> >
> > Nice, but too much confusion: MPEG, MHEG, MPHQ, Monty Python and the
> > Holy Grail, ...
>
> Further on the same tangent:
>
> FFHQ
> AVHQ

Theres a problem with all these proposals, to quote a quote:
"In Delaware, the name generally must include one of the following words:
association, company, corporation, club, foundation, fund, incorporated,
institute, society, union, syndicate or limited. It must not contain
words like "bank" if there's the potential to mislead the public about
the nature of the business (if not legally a bank).  They also do a
search for existing corporations to make sure that they won't have
multiple corporations with the same name.

FFMpeg Foundation works fine, so would many other combinations."

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it. -- Voltaire