[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Request for pixdesc API review

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Dec 4 15:47:01 CET 2009

Hi Stefano,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> Mmmh thinking again at it, saying that "for bitstream formats the bits
> composing a pixel are byte-aligned, but the bits composing a component
> are not" is neither correct (think at monow/monob) neither
> particularly clear, since I can't find better words for describing it
> I'll leave the docs as they are.

Better to fix it, but think of a better desc.

Do monob/w have this flag set? If not, maybe "format where data for
individual pixels is byte-aligned, but their individual color
components are not". If it is, then "format where data for individual
pixels or their individual color components are not byte-aligned".

Ronald