[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg Foundation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 2 02:47:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 06:58:03PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We haven't decided on a name
> > yet, although people agree that we dislike "FFmpeg Foundation" - if
> > you can suggest better names, please do so in this thread.
>
> Today would be a great day to suggest names. We still haven't found
> any good one and I'm planning to finish this by sometime next week,
> which means I'll probably have to do a vote between the various
> proposed names this weekend / early next week.
>
> If you have a great name suggestion, please propose it here. Every
> developer (a person with SVN access or regular + recent patch
> contributions) may propose names, and to prevent this from becoming
> one big mess, I'll ask that every proposed name is "me too'ed" by at
> least one more developer.
>
> So far, I have heard the following (these can be considered to be in
> the "me too'ed" already-stage):
>
> * Free Media Tech / freemediatech.org
> * FFMTech (Foundation for Free Media Technologies)
> * FFmedia (Foundation for Free Media)
> * OMF (Open Media Foundation)
> * FFm.org (Foundation for Free Media)
> * FFmpeg Foundation

wherent some of the media supposed to be multimedia?
like in:
* Free MultiMedia Tech / freemediatech.org
* FFMTech (Foundation for Free MultiMedia Technologies)
* FFmedia (Foundation for Free MultiMedia)
* OMF (Open MultiMedia Foundation)
* FFm.org (Foundation for Free MultiMedia)
* FFmpeg Foundation

?

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.