[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion for a centralized language-tag facility in libavformat

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 30 03:52:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:42:19AM +0200, cyril comparon wrote:
> > [...]
> > 6 bytes is enough considering stream_languages isnt larger
> > [...]
> > can be merged and id make it a int or unsigned int but thats just me
> > [...]
> > id make that unsigned int too, we dont need a variable of exact size
> > here
> > [...]
>
> Modifications done.
>
> > [...]
> >> + ? ? ? ?hpos = put_header(pb, &ff_asf_ext_stream_header);
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le64(pb, 0); // starttime (optional so zero to ignore it)
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le64(pb, 0); // endtime (optional so zero to ignore it)
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le32(pb, s->streams[n]->codec->bit_rate); // leak-datarate
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le32(pb, BUFFER_SIZE_IN_MS); // bucket-datasize
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le32(pb, 0); // init-bucket-fullness
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le32(pb, s->streams[n]->codec->bit_rate); // alt-leak-datarate
> >> + ? ? ? ?put_le32(pb, BUFFER_SIZE_IN_MS); // alt-bucket-datasize in milliseconds
> >
> > I do not belive you can set these values randomly
> > I suspect they might be calculatable from the VBV parameters of the streams
> > and in their absence you will have to analyze all packets their sizes and
> > timestamps before this can be written
>
> I did my best to put values as relevant as possible, however I am
> afraid what you're raising now is beyond my abilities. By chance, all
> tests I made produced asf files I could read with usual players with
> no errors. Is there someone out there who could have a look and do
> these corrections eventually?

I hope there is because i belive its important to set these parameters
correctly
until then, maybe you could split your patch so we can get the demuxer
part in

Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves? -- Diogenes of Sinope