[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Libfaac not LGPL?

Alex Converse alex.converse
Wed Apr 29 18:28:57 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser
<darkshikari at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:57 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

>>>moving it under non free is a good idea, droping it is a good idea too
>>>but i guess people wont like it being droped.
>>
>> anyone email author for relicense ?
>
> You mean Texas Instruments?

We could still try to lobby them for a relicense. TI has much better
open source relations now than it did a decade ago when that code was
written. Furthermore, MPEG required them to release it under that
particular license. (But they still can re-release it under any
license they want.)

[...]

Regards,
Alex Converse