[FFmpeg-devel] AVPacket question regarding reading frames from a 3GP file.

SiM simithn
Mon Apr 27 09:50:23 CEST 2009

Hello All,
                 I'am new to ffmpeg devel , and i have a question regarding
h263 (ffmpeg) and rtp (not using ffmpeg rtp), with relation to a 3gp file.
I have a 3GP file, which i need to transmit over the network over RTP. I
have an RTP stack, and RFC 2190 packetizer.
Now I'am able to open the file, codec, create the Format context etc. as
given in this excellent example source code.
http://www.dranger.com/ffmpeg/.

My question is as i read the video stream, which is h263  encoded from the
3GP file using av_read_frame(), i get the data in the AVPacket struct,
now can anyone tell me what i'am supposed to do from here, am i supposed to
send the AVPacketData directly to the Packetizer
or should i do something else before it is packetized (to collect a whole
frame etc. )and send via RTP.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Cheers,