[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg SVN account

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Apr 15 22:41:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 03:13:34PM -0500, Erion Omeri wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to get access to add my working files to
> the repository?
>
> Mike created a wiki account for me but I am not sure if its integrated. I
> did try the same credentials but did not work.
>
> I am not even sure if there is a pipe line which requires submitting patches
> and only certain authorities can commit!

Write access to main ffmpeg svn is only given to people after they have
submitted many impressive contributions.

ffmpeg is also available through git, which gives you a full local copy of
the tree and history to which you can add and commit as much as you like
and create patches from this ...

besides using (or not using) git, patches are send to this list and once
the pass review will be applied by someone who has write access

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides