[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC update on the CDXL demuxer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Apr 15 14:57:00 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 02:01:49PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 08:07:54PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:39:59AM -0500, Erion Omeri wrote:
> >
> > >     #if 0
> > >     debug_header(cdxl);
> > >     #endif
> >
> > The # of preprocessor directives must be the first character in the
> > line. If you want to indent them you'd do it like this:
> > > #   if 0
>
> This is not true, the # does not have to be on the first column.

Yes, I should have said "should be the first character in the line,
if it's not it might fail with some compilers, produce warnings with
others, some syntax-highlighting editors don't handle it right and
generally makes those directives hard to spot".
Just thought a must would be a reasonable way to summarize the idea,
despite the fact that the C99 standard in its examples indeed places
the spaces before the #.
But while we're at it I'll also say that indenting preprocessing
directives to the code level does not really make sense since they
are processed independently, indentation makes only sense for
preprocessing directives within other preprocessing directives.