[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] WC3 decoder without AVPaletteControl

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Apr 15 12:34:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 05:22:55PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 01:26:33PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:19:07AM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > > attached patch implements this.
> > > It is a bit ugly because it adds a lot of seeking to the demuxer, but I
> > > think for such a fringe format there is no point in extra work for avoiding it.
> > > The patch also adds two helper functions, one to increase the size of a
> > > packet and one that appends data read from a file to a possibly already
> > > filled packet.
> > > I expect that there will be more that a few bugs still, e.g. while the
> > > video looks visually ok in ffplay the FATE regressions do not match at
> > > all.
> >
> > A minor update. It only fixes the gamma correction and provides a
> > fixed point integer-implementation, which might help explain some of
> > its weirdness like clipping to 253.
>
> Mike is ok with, any comments on the av_grow_packet/av_append_packet?

I was thinking about avoiding the need for av_grow_packet and instead
use av_new_packet + memcpy, but there currently isn't a reliable way to
copy everything necessary like pos, pts etc. to the new packet (doing it
manually in the function will break as soon as a new field is added and
someone forgets to update that function).
If there are no comments I threaten to apply "somewhen".