[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann
Sun Apr 5 23:41:03 CEST 2009

Ronald S. Bultje schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Thilo Borgmann
> <thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
>>
>>> it would be nice to in addition see the diff between utils.c and
>>> avpacket.c to make sure nothing was unintentionally changed
>>>
> [..]
>
>> A manual "diff -up" makes no sense to me as it shows a lot of lines hard to
>> read... please tell me how to generate what you want to see.
>>

> One way to do it (spartanic, but works): diff -u old_file new_file,
> and then basically just making sure that nothing changed with in the
> AVPacket code, so:
>
> @@ ...
> - all these lines
> - and so on
> - bla bla bla
>
>   typedef struct AVPacket {
>       /* bla bla
> @@ ... < - HERE - >
>     int last_member_of_avpacket;
>   } AVPacket;
>
> - bla bla bla
> - rest of file
> - and so on
>
> There should be nothing additionally changed (cosmetics, spaces,
> typos, etc.) in the <- HERE -> part within the AVPacket struct
> declaration (and the functions that you copied, etc.).

Thanks, although it is not about the AVPacket struct anymore but about
the new avpacket.c.
Ok, I did a attach the "diff -up libavformat/utils.c
libavcodec/avpacket.c" (utilsXavpacket.diff) although it breaks up the
function, see yourselves. I think a visual inspection of the patch which
moved them out of libavformat/utils.c and the new libavcodec/avpacket.c
is the best way to see if there are changes... an automated diff of
theese also breaks up things... Everything else that comes to my mind is
to copy&paste things to see if the same comes out, but this is an
erroneous process itself and not helpful I think.

I rearranged the patches according to what Michael said, so that there
are the following to be (re)reviewed. For clarification:
tb.movedAgainAVPacket.patch (said ok, not applied)
tb.movedAVPacketFunctions.patch (the new one which moves the AVPacket
related functions + the new file avpacket.c is introduced &
libavcodec/Makefile altered to compile the new file)

TB

p.s. attached both patches to be sure...