[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] Remuxing for the PS3

John Lange john
Fri Apr 3 16:54:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 23:01 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 22:22 -0500, John Lange wrote:
> >
> >> I've just downloaded the Linux version so I can do some testing. My plan
> >> will be to take the same source material and remux it using both tsmux
> >> and ffmpeg and then compare results.
> >>
> >> This may shed some light on what ffmpeg is doing wrong.
> >
> > Just a quick update; remuxing with TsMuxer seemed to go smoothly and the
> > resulting file played well with ffplay (but not mplayer). mediainfo also
> > seemed to display the correct information about the file.
> >
> > However, it would not play on the PS3.
> >
> > The PS3 won't even recognize the file, it just shows it as unsupported
> > data. I'm going to try again with some different options to see if that
> > makes a difference.
> >
> > Let me know what settings you've used that worked.
> >

> This is clearly off topic on this mailing list.

Trying to diagnose what ffmpeg is doing wrong with regard to  is off
topic for the ffmpeg developer list? I guess that explains why ffmpeg
tsmuxing is broken; it's "off topic".

--
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca