[FFmpeg-devel] h264 multithreading, chapter 2

Kristian Jerpetjøn kristian.jerpetjoen
Wed Apr 1 21:16:48 CEST 2009

2007/9/26 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 03:37:35PM +0200, Andreas ?man wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> > you already summarized everything ...
>> > i hope we will have frame based prallelism soon, when will you implement
>> > it? :)
>>
>> My plan was to start with this after the PAFF-dust has settled.
>> I need to get my head around the PAFF stuff and see how/if it
>> affects the frame level parallelism.
>
> btw, if you look at the PAFF patch, dont hesitate to help with reviewing it
> posting suggestions for simplifying, ...
>
> [...]
> --
> Michael ? ? GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>
> I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
> approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus

I wonder if i can make use of this on a cell / ps3 to increase cabac
decoding performance on the SPE processors

Biggest issue would be to get the right parts copied out of the
context prior and not post the decode_mb_cabac

Anyone willing to help me on that ?

--
Kristian Jerpetj?n
Tlf:        +4721694436