[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rdt streaming from bbc (was: ask for advie of doing Qualification task -- M95 Playback System)

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Apr 1 18:58:33 CEST 2009

Hi Steven,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Steven Woolley <woobert at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I'm out of my element here to be sure... but in order to get libmms to
> work on the iPhone I had to add a socket timeout to get it to not block (in
> a similar fashion).... basically this (in the read from socket function
> before doing the actual read):
[..]
> if (setsockopt(socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO, &tv, sizeof(tv)) < 0) {
[..]
> So, is this something that maybe needs to be done with the rtsp code
> perhaps?

Well, that's not RTSP, that's tcp.c/udp.c, right? Could you test if
adding that statement makes it work? I still don't have my iphone
development environment fully set up (I have the SDK and xCode, but am
still going through some examples before I give ffmpeg a try...).

Ronald