[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rdt streaming from bbc (was: ask for advie of doing Qualification task -- M95 Playback System)

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Apr 1 05:43:31 CEST 2009

Hi Steven,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Steven Woolley <woobert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was scared to post it here :) ?But without creating a new thread (and the
> subject was similar) I went ahead. ?I've been following your changes and
> they have improved things alot so thanks!

I just tested, and it works fine for me with ffplay (please confirm
any bug with ffplay, it's my primary testing tool). Also, I noticed
you're trying to take the very first stream, have you tried mapping
0.1 or 0.2 instead of 0.0 to the output wav file? Does that work?

ffplay command:
./ffplay rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4_dsat_g2.ra
-stats -ast 0 (replace 0 by 1-7 to get the higher-bitrate or stereo
streams)

Ronald