[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] What should pixdesc.h:write_line() do with PAL formats?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Apr 1 01:03:49 CEST 2009

On date Tuesday 2009-03-31 23:26:00 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:56:06PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > read_line() currently reads from the image the components
> > corresponding to c and puts them in dst:
> >
> > (index, c) -> comp(index, c)
> >
> > The inverse operations cannot be done, so maybe write_line() should
> > simply take in input a list of indexes and write them down to the
> > destination image, but this will not be simmetric with read_line().
> >
> > To remove the asymmetry we could treat PAL formats like non-PAL ones,
> > so having read_line() read the indexes and writing them to dst, while
> > write_line() would write the indexes back to the image.
>
> possible

After rethinking a bit about it I came out with this other idea, I'm
simply extending read_line(), this should avoid bad code duplication,
please check it.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Friendly Frightening Mastering Patchable Elastic Goblin