[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: ffmpeg GPL violation

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Mon Sep 29 09:37:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:06:05AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>> Just got the following mail and as the author refuses to submit it to
>> the bug tracker and i dont feel like being his secretary i forward it
>> here.
>
> Added to the bug tracker and hall of shame.

Out of curiosity, why don't we get a bit more aggressive with such
violators?  I would think, at least in the case of American companies
hosting violations, that a DMCA takedown notice would have a bit more
impact than a hall of shame.

Also, on the topic of the Hall of Fame, it seems in addition to
illegally using libavcodec in GOMplayer, the maker of that piece of
software also has pirated a 2-year-old version of x264 and stuck it
into their streamcast application.

Dark Shikari