[FFmpeg-devel] Droping old scaler

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Sep 5 01:33:38 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will remove the old scaler as soon as the regression tests pass with
> swscale. We have had 2 scalers for long enough and it caused enough problems
> with noone working on fixing anything. Keeping 2 scalers causes time to be
> wasted on maintaining both ...

I agree with this.

> If the GPL parts bother you then now is your last chance to do something
> about it, i will not delay the old scaler removal due that nor due to minor
> regressions. If a minor regression bothers you, send a patch.

I hope you don't consider jpeg colorspace problem minor.

Im clearly not happy with the GPL state of libswscale, and I'd like
corresponding part of the code to be isolated so it can be easier to
reimplement them, I might have a look at it.

IIRC SIMD is GPL, the old scaler does not have SIMD anyway, can we
emphasize which part is GPL exactly ? This code is old...

If nobody wants to isolate GPL parts exactly, well I will vote for
_removing_ GPL parts.

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com