[FFmpeg-devel] Request for review

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Mon Oct 27 21:17:50 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 12:05 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > I think this could be put in dv_anchor or referenced by it,
> >
> > I've thought about exactly the same thing. But! If we do
> > that we would have to potentially regenerate dv_anchor
> > every time there's a change of DV profile midstream.
> > Would that be more acceptable?
>
> If dv_anchor is in the context, allocated by avmalloc() then it should be
> no problem.

Sure. Although, it might be better to add it to the DVprofile so that
if profiles change midstream like this: A, B, A then the anchor from
A doesn't need to be reinitialized.

Anyway, attached is the new patch that tries to do exactly that. Please
keep in mind that DVtables will contain *all* dynamic tables
(work_chunks, video_place, unweight) in the future. The only bit that
I don't like about how it works is the awkward initialization sequence
in dvdata.h. If anybody has better ideas on how to separate dynamic/RW
portion from the static/const DVprofile[] -- please let me know.

Thanks,
Roman.