[FFmpeg-devel] UDP multicasts mixed up on receive due to wrong bind()

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Oct 14 19:22:02 CEST 2008

Hi Ramiro,

Ramiro Polla wrote:
[...]
>> I think I had a similar patch some time ago (to solve the very same
>> problem :), but I've been told that it causes problems on windows
>> (and I could only test it on linux).
>
> Could you elaborate on the kind of problems and how to reproduce it. I
> might take a look...

I do not know the exact problem: the description I received was something
like "it works on linux, but not on windows". And I never had any way to
check (no windows here... And wine was unable to reproduce any problem,
probably because it is based on linux).

Anyway, my patch was here:
http://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/msg2210
(not identical to this patch, but similar - I think it has the same effect),
and you can find more details here:
http://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/issue481

The discussion continued talking about the order of multicast join and bind,
and I produced a new patch:
http://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/msg2250
but it seems that there was no useful conclusion. You have windows skills,
so I guess you can understand what's going on, and propose a correct fix ;-)

			Thanks,
				Luca