[FFmpeg-devel] Will apply in two days

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Oct 12 14:39:03 CEST 2008

On date Sunday 2008-10-12 12:34:15 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd encoded:
> I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the amount of patches people
> are posting, accompanied by an ultimatum of "will apply in X days".
>
> I don't have time to constantly babysit people, Stefano especially,
> implementing non-essential things.
>
> From now on, nobody is to apply *anything* to the build system without
> my explicit approval, unless they are holding a copy of my death
> certificate.  I usually deal with actual breakages quickly, whereas
> changes not affecting functionality in normal cases may take a bit
> longer.

I have no problem with that, but note that the "two days ultimatum"
isn't usually a two days ultimatum but most of the time much longer,
and it usually follows one or multiple unreplied pings.

Apart from that, nothing forbids you from freezing the patch, simply
asking for more time to consider the patch correctness/usefulness.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Freak and Frenzy Minimal Portable Exuberant Guru