[FFmpeg-devel] different output in threaded code - linux vs mingw

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer
Tue Oct 7 03:24:07 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm playing with make test, and I have found a non deterministic
output in threaded code on mingw.

I run:
./ffmpeg_g -y -flags +bitexact -dct fastint -idct simple -sws_flags
+accurate_rnd+bitexact -b 500k -flags +mv4+part+aic -trellis 1 -mbd bits
-ps 200 -bf 2 -f image2 -vcodec pgmyuv -i tests/vsynth2/%02d.pgm -an
-vcodec mpeg4 -threads 2 ./tests/data/a-mpeg4-thread.avi

and I get different outputs on mingw at each run, while
the output is always the same on linux.

I've tested both using pthread and win32 native threads

The attached files show the output of these vars in MPV_encode_picture:

((struct MpegEncContext *) avctx->priv_data)->qscale
((struct MpegEncContext *) avctx->priv_data)->current_picture.quality

for mingw I've made 3 runs and I got 3 different values

I also get bogus value for qscale if the printf is in a different
place (2103561886 instead of -1)

does it rely on some uinint data?

Regards

--