[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling with Sun cc

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Fri Oct 3 18:54:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 15:00 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > > We would need a compiler-specific depend command to be set in configure,
> > > similar to what we currently do for gcc.  Should be fairly easy if you
> > > can figure out the correct flags.
> >
> > I guess I can help if you guys tell me what you're after.
>
> While I'm not sure if your comments concerning stack alignment were exactly
> helpful,

Well, helpfulness is in the eye of the beholder. There's more to stack
variable alignment than what gcc fanboys usually assume. Rich Felker
was spot on in this old thread. Although, I'm pretty sure that judging
by your tone and background you're going to disregard his comments
as much as you've disregarded mines:
   http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-March/025904.html
   http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-March/025940.html

> in this case, I just meant "It doesn't work without a patch to ffmpeg's
> configure"

Isn't the above the kind of truism not even worth mentioning? My
question was about your technical requirements which it seems
you don't really have. Unlike folks who actually maintain things
around here.

Thanks,
Roman.