[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling with Sun cc

Roman V. Shaposhnik rvs
Fri Oct 3 05:11:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 11:21 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 01:38:22AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >
> > I tested compilation of ffmpeg with Sun's cc 5.10 Linux_i386 2008/07/10
> > asm was no problem, but mmx cannot be compiled, so I used --disable-mmx.
> > Dependencies do not work, not even with -xM1
>
> We would need a compiler-specific depend command to be set in configure,
> similar to what we currently do for gcc.  Should be fairly easy if you
> can figure out the correct flags.

I guess I can help if you guys tell me what you're after. But it is
relatively simple though:
$ cc -flags | grep make
-xM             Generate makefile dependencies
-xM1            Generate makefile dependencies, but exclude /usr/include
-xMD            Generate makefile dependencies and compile at once
-xMMD           Generate makefile dependencies like -xMD, but excluding standard headers
-xMF <file>     Specify output <file> for makefile dependencies dump

Thanks,
Roman.