[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg and Solaris: offset_t conflict

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Thu Oct 2 22:06:11 CEST 2008

Under solaris the offset_t type is actually declared by the system
headers, which means that the definition in FFmpeg itself is redefining
a system type.

I have no idea why it does not have an ff_ prefix, but I think it should
have; unfortunately this change would break API since the offset_t file
would be disappearing on Linux and other OSes and subtly change under
Solaris.

I'm not attaching a patch since it would be 61k and I'm not sure what
the best course of action would be for this. For what matters, the
change can be generated with a simple GNU sed command line:

sed -i -e 's:\<offset_t\>:ff_offset_t:g' libavformat/*.{c,h}

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten?
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/