[FFmpeg-devel] The fate of Fate

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Wed Oct 1 14:58:12 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 12:06 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:41:08AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:38:34 +0200
> > Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> >
> > > And while we are at it, we would pretty much appreciate if
> > > you could transfere the ownership of the domain to either
> > > Diego, Mans or me, so that we could fix problems with our
> > > DNS servers in a timely manner.
> >
> > Let's return on the main issue and try to solve this.
> > Currently, only one of the three DNS servers that are
> > registred is working. Which leads to the various problems
> > people have been experiencing.
> > What are we doing to change this?
>
> We should start looking for a new domain and a new top-level domain.
> Hungary is not a workable solution.

I usually use a .com/.net/.org technical domain to contain the NS
addresses for a Hungarian one.  It's hard and bureaucratic to change
anything in the Hungarian domain registry.

I would be happy to pursue the update of mplayerhq.hu to e.g.:
ns1.mplayerhq.eu, ns2.mplayerhq.eu, ns3.mplayerhq.eu, ...

--
Alex