[FFmpeg-devel] Files crashing FFmpeg

compn tempn
Thu Nov 27 15:09:55 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:54:29 -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
>Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>> This list http://tranquillity.ath.cx/ffmpeg_crashfiles.txt contains
>> links to files that crashes a FFmpeg version from 2007. Can anyone come
>> up with a good tool so we can run through and check all these files ?
>>
>> This list was donated by Picsearch.
>
>Do we have the project budget to send them a nice fruit basket for the
>holidays? This is some good stuff. It would be nice if some other
>organizations that automatically process millions of diverse files with
>FFmpeg could throw some problem files our way.

it would be nice of youtube to send some changes back our way too...

>I have the first 200 or so samples. Will be downloading for a long time.
>Far and away, the biggest problem is segfaults and FPEs in .rm files. As
>for the FPEs, it seems that at line 586 of libavformat/rmdec.c:

did you split the patch up and set a few wgets at the same time?
also sort the list by extension, post a few bugs for each format,
wait for fixes, then finish the lists ?

if you want some help, post some small lists from the bottom of the
large list and maybe someone will take a look?

-compn