[FFmpeg-devel] Bug report : build problem with "configure --disable-encoders"

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Nov 24 17:24:40 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 03:08:06PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:

> Le 24 nov. 08 ? 11:08, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :

>>> Michael, which file do you want?
>>
>> aandcttab.c/h
>
> Attached a patch using aandcttab.c/h to solve this --disable-
> encoders/--disable-decoders issue.
>
> As I am new to ffmpeg, I have some naming/comment/doc issue :
>
> 1) I copied the copyright from another file but do not know exactly what
> to put in it

The way you did it is right.

> 2) I do not exactly know what these aanscales table are for, so it is
> hard to put a "correct" doxygen comment for the file content

Dunno, Michael?

> 3) tables are named : ff_inv_aanscales and aanscales; perhaps aanscales
> should be renamed to ff_aanscales or ff_aan_scales to be coherent with,
> for example, aactab.h (I have not found the ffmpeg coding conventions ?)

Externally visible symbols need to have an ff_ prefix to avoid namespace
clashes.  Thus aanscales needs to get such a prefix.

Diego