[FFmpeg-devel] Bug report : build problem with "configure --disable-encoders"

David Geldreich david.geldreich
Sat Nov 22 15:25:47 CET 2008

Hello Diego

Le 21 nov. 08 ? 19:40, Diego Biurrun a ?crit :

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:42:18PM +0100, David Geldreich wrote:
>>
>> in the specific configuration "configure --disable-encoder", ffmpeg
>> fails to build because the ff_inv_aanscales is defined in
>> mpegvideo_enc.c and also used in eatgq.c
>>
>> So, I propose to move the definition of this ff_inv_aanscales table
>> in
>> mpegvideo.c. Its declaration could be left in mpegvideo_enc.c and
>> eatgq.c or moved to mpegvideo.h.
>> I have chosen the first solution (declaration in .c files)
>
> Check the archives, a similar patch from Aurelien was just rejected,
> ff_inv_aanscales is not mpeg-specific.

I am new to ffmpeg. Compiling/using it for only 2 days.

So I do not know all the implementation details of all the codec.

The table is used in the mpegvideo encoder and the eatgq decoder. For
--disable-encoders or --disable-decoders to work, this table should
not be in a coder or decoder file.

As it was originally in the mpegvideo_enc.c file I thought that it
make sense to move it to mpegvideo.c, if it is a bad idea what would
you propose to make --disable-encoders or --disable-decoders to work ?

I could move it to any file you suggest and submit a patch with this
move.

Thanks in advance.