[FFmpeg-devel] AAC-Main (round 2)

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Nov 21 16:51:08 CET 2008

2008/11/19 Alex Converse <alex.converse at gmail.com>:
> I split these off into a separate patch based on Rob's suggestion.

> +            } else if (ac->m4ac.object_type == AOT_AAC_LC) {
> +                av_log(ac->avccontext, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Prediction is not allowed in AAC-LC.\n");
> +                memset(ics, 0, sizeof(IndividualChannelStream));
> +                return -1;

Is this purely for informative reasons or have you encountered some LC
streams with the predictor_present bit set? This case doesn't exist in
the specs I have though I know it should not be allowed as prediction
is not in LC.

Other than that, assuming I didn't overlook anything in predict() when
checking it, I've swapped a couple of if() else for ternary statements
in predict() and edited whitespace a bit.

So, when you clarify the above I'll apply patches 00, 01 and 02. 03 is
pending consensus on whether the method of enabling the optimisations
is OK (M?ns?) and addressing of the suggestions that Michael made.

Best regards,
Rob