[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Ivo ivop
Wed Nov 5 14:24:13 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 03:21, compn wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 01:30:41 +0100, Ivo wrote:
> >Example:
> >
> >mp_issue000123+nut+mpeg4-snow+mp3-dts-pcm+ass-srt+broken_stream_switchin
> >g.nut ff_issue00321+image+multi+gif+framerate_mismatch.gif
>
> just mp_000123
> and ff_00321
> no need for 'issue'.

Thanks, I'll do that. Also, regarding the overall syntax of filenames, I
will move the "+" characters outside the optional [] parts. This makes
scripting a whole lot easier in case there is audio but no video inside a
container, or empty containers, etc. For example:

ff_123456+nut++mp3++some_problem.nut

> also, i'm sure we would all like /incoming/ to be sorted first
> thanks for taking on the challenge! :)

Yes, I was planning on doing incoming first and handle the current samples
later.

--Ivo