[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Attila Kinali attila
Wed Nov 5 10:35:27 CET 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:30:35 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 07:29:25AM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> writes:
> >
> > > mp_issue000123+nut+mpeg4-snow+mp3-dts-pcm+ass-srt+broken_stream_switching.nut
> >
> > Are you expecting bug submitters to follow this procedure? Are are
> > developers expected to rename uploaded files to the proposed policy? Or
> > are you going to adapt the bug reporting policy at [1] as well?
> >
> > It seems that the already rather high bar [1] for reporting bugs is
> > raised even higher. I just wanted to ask if you are aware of this and
> > indeed support this move.
>
> alot of this could be done automatically by a cronjob ...
> extracting codecs/container being one
>
> uploading through a web form checked by javascript could be considered
> as well ...
> all just random ideas ...

I wouldn't mind if we could get rid of the ftp upload on natsuki
and replace it by something that is more flexible to control
and can be merged with a/the bugtracking software we use.

Ofcourse, the usual restrictions about security apply.

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.