[FFmpeg-devel] build problems on OpenBSD

Jacob Meuser jakemsr
Thu May 29 00:16:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 04:54:49PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:
>
> > Jacob Meuser <jakemsr at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:
> >
> >> hi
> >>
> >> I'm having some problems building recent ffmpeg svn versions.  in fact,
> >> I can't even get started :(
> >>
> >> here's what happens with a clean checkout:
> >>
> >> acer:~/tmp/ffmpeg-svn-20080527% ./configure
> >> nm: unknown option -- P
> >> usage: nm [-aCegnoprsuVw] [file ...]
> >
> > Your nm is not POSIX compatible.  Get a better one.
> >
> >> od: unknown option -- A
> >> od: od(1) has been deprecated for hexdump(1).
> >> usage: od [-aBbcDdeFfHhIiLlOovXx] [-j offset] [-N length] [-t type_string]
> >>         [[+]offset[.][Bb]] [file ...]
> >
> > POSIX mandates an "od" tool.  Get a compliant one.
>
> And the -A option is standard as well.
>

> I just spoke to someone from OpenBSD here at LinuxTag.  He suggested
> that you contact the maintainers for nm and od.  Perhaps they can
> easily get the missing functionality added.

heh.  checking the cvs history of nm and od, they've hardly been
touched in the last 10 years, so they really don't have a maintainer
as such ... but I have a pretty good idea of who to talk to.

anyway, thanks for taking the time to talk to someone about this!