[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Droping .ffm support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 28 20:36:24 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:40:50AM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to propose to drop .ffm support and use .nut instead for
> > ffserver.
>
> Well, Im really not against it. However Im not sure if everybody really
> understand .ffm features and what it was designed for.
>
> .nut won't pass any options to "ffmpeg" feeder,

If i understand this correctly it would be just a matter of putting that
into an info packet

> and I don't think
> cycling through a .nut file would be as easier as with .ffm (with
> constant packet size).

just reset the file position to after the header when you hit the end

On the demuxer side slight changes would be needed for seeking.

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates