[FFmpeg-devel] funny colours in ffplay/mplayer with file created through libav*

Karl H. Beckers karl.h.beckers
Mon May 26 09:27:16 CEST 2008

Hi all,

with some screencasts created through xvidcap using libav* I have those
strange artifacts which look like colourspace problems to me in mplayer
and ffplay.
Now, I may be doing smth. wrong during the creation of the video (I
suspect it might be smth. around the aspect ratio), it's just that xine
and vlc play the file just fine.

If somebody could take a look at the file in the following URL and give
me a hint where ffplay/mplayer would be expected to be more picky than
other video players and also than previous versions (because I haven't
seen this before), that would be much appreciated.

http://www.jarre-de-the.net/computing/test-0000.mpeg

TIA,

Karl.