[FFmpeg-devel] Adding .rc files for win32

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri May 16 00:41:57 CEST 2008

Jeremy Kolb <jkolb at wsi.com> writes:

> This is the part that's proving to be a pain.  So far I have
>
> $(SLIB_EXTRA_OBJS): ../$(SLIB_EXTRA_DEP)
>
> $(SUBDIR)$(SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR): $(OBJS) $(SLIB_EXTRA_OBJS)
>     $(SLIB_CREATE_DEF_CMD)
>     $(CC) $(SHFLAGS) $(FFLDFLAGS) -o $$@ $$^ $(FFEXTRALIBS) $(EXTRAOBJS)
>     $(SLIB_EXTRA_CMD)
>
> in subdir.mak.  I need the ../ on the rule, otherwise make thinks that
> there is no rule for version.h.  This works great when running make in a
> subdirectory but fails horribly when run from the top level directory.
> Can someone enlighten me on what to do with this seemingly simple yet
> tricky bit of make?

Use the same trick I've used everywhere:

$(SLIB_EXTRA_OBJS): $(SUBDIR)../$(SLIB_EXTRA_DEP)

The above is for illustration only, in reference to your attempt.  The
$(SUBDIR)../ part should be included inside SLIB_EXTRA_DEP, or things
will become tricky if you want to include more stuff there.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com