[FFmpeg-devel] aac_ac3_parser.c bug with splitted headers+ patch

Nir Drang nir
Mon May 12 12:28:01 CEST 2008

Here is the attached patch

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Stefano Sabatini
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:18 PM
To: ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] aac_ac3_parser.c bug with splitted headers+
patch

On date Sunday 2008-05-11 20:00:02 +0200, Nir Drang encoded:
> Hi ,
>
> This is my first post so If I have violated any rules regarding posting
> messages please let me know.
>
> I have created a ts file with aac audio and h.264 using a trranscoding
phase
> from mpeg2+ac3 using ffmpeg .
>

> Now when I try to convert the output to mp4 I noticed that the audio frame
> rate is wrong and other strange stuff happening.
>
> I debugged it and discovered that when the aac header (7 bytes) was
residing
> cross ts packets there is a bug.
>
> In my scenario 6 header bytes were in one ts packet and 1 header byte was
in
> the second packet.
>

> It looked like the code doesn't handle this situation quite well.
>
> I have patched it and requesting your comments to my patch , I might have
> broke something else :
[...]

Please use svn diff FILES > PATCH
and post the patch as an attachment to your mail.

Also read this if you didn't already do it:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/general.html#SEC25

Best regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish Fantastic MultiPurpose Erotic Gadget