[FFmpeg-devel] Decoder-independent multichannel downmixing

pross at xvid.org pross
Tue May 6 11:24:54 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:09:22AM +0100, James Lee wrote:
> 2008/5/5  <pross at xvid.org>:
> >  A working, but far from elegant, quad and 5.1 downmixer can be found here:
> >  http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-October/036938.html
>
> That looks like a similar solution to what I suggested above (i.e.
> adding some more downmixing functions to resample.c).  Looks like this
> didn't get committed though - any particular reason why not?  I agree
> that it would be preferable to have a more general solution such as
> the one outlined in the wiki though.

The patch was not committed because its too big and needs to be split.
I have not had time to revisit this. IMHO, an interim solution is
better than nothing. You are welcome to take the remix code and resubmit
as a smaller, more palatable, patch.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)